If you are looking for a career change or to establish a career, you can’t go wrong by considering all that the field of cosmetology has to offer. Throughout the Dayton, Ohio area you will find many hair salons, spas, and nail salons, which are all potential places for you to work once you finish your education in the field. And the good news is that training doesn’t take nearly as long as you probably think it does.
There are many reasons why so many people choose a career in the area of cosmetology, both in the Dayton area as well as in the rest of the country. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, it’s a field that has a job outlook that is growing at a faster than average pace. Here are 5 more reasons to consider a cosmetology career:
- Life changing. There’s a great sense of accomplishment in being able to have a career you love that helps you earn a living. By completing a cosmetology program, you will be more in control of your financial future, better able to get a good career, and you can do something you enjoy as you work.
- The cosmetology programs and the careers in the field are flexible. This provides people with the options they need to complete training and work in the field. Whether you want full time, part time, days or evenings, the options and flexibility are there.
- Short training program. Unlike going to college, the training programs in cosmetology don’t take years. In fact, you can become a nail technician in as little as two months, an esthetician in as little as 8 months, or a cosmetologist in only 11 months.
- Financial assistance. Financial aid is available and for those who qualify, this can be a great way to make your training affordable.
- Options for creativity. Being able to express your creativity is a great reason to go into the field of cosmetology. You can opt to do nails, style and color hair, or help people with their makeup (on and off stage). There are plenty of options to let your creativity flow.
At the Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology we have helped countless people to enter their careers as nail technicians, cosmetologists, and skin care professionals. We have program graduates who work all over the Dayton area and beyond. Our students gain valuable experience working in our student salon, providing services to the public, while they are completing their program. This helps them be ready to go out and offer their creative services to the world, one person at a time.
If you want a great career that will give you the flexibility and stability that you need, contact us for more information on our programs. With campuses in North Dayton and South Dayton, we can help put your career on the right path!