There are people in every city around the country who work in the cosmetology field, including here in the Dayton area. At the Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology, we have trained thousands of people to work in the field. Our beauty school offers three different programs and we have two campuses in the Dayton area, making it flexible and convenient for those who are seeking a real career that can change their life.
If you have wondered if you are a good candidate for a field in cosmetology, you are not alone. Here are 6 characteristics that those in cosmetology often have:
- They enjoy working with hair, nails, and makeup. The field of cosmetology is about beauty, and specifically helping people to love their hair, skin, makeup, and nails.
- They like to interact with others. Some people like to hide away in a cubicle, but if you are a people person then you enjoy the social interaction. Those who have a career in cosmetology get to interact with people all day and help them, making a difference in their lives.
- Higher earnings potential. Those in the cosmetology field like that they are not usually bound to one hourly rate for their earnings. They can earn commissions and tips, and they also become their own boss, allowing for even higher earnings potential.
- Flexible schedules. Most people who work with hair, nails, skin, and makeup get to make up their own hours. This flexibility in their schedule allows them to better coordinate it around their child’s schedule or simply work the hours they prefer.
- Variety in duties. Cosmetologists, nail technicians, and estheticians enjoy a variety of duties. Each person they help is a chance to do something new, giving them a chance to change up their day and not get bored.
- Security and stability. One of the nice things that those in the cosmetology field have is that there are plenty of jobs. In fact, it is a field that is considered to be growing at a pace faster than others.
Most people who do hair, nails, makeup, or skincare for a living tend to build a steady clientele. They enjoy seeing these people every week or couple of months for their services, getting to know them, and helping to meet their needs. Cosmetology careers are very rewarding, offering people a chance to be their own boss and have a stable career.
In the Dayton area, we have helped many students to get started on their path of being a cosmetologist, nail technician, and esthetician. Our programs are flexible, with full and part time options, and we offer high quality instructors. When you graduate from our program, you can rest assured that you are well-prepared to enter the field, score a great position, and let your creativity get to work. Our beauty school also offers a student salon and spa that is open to the public where students provide services. Stop in and take a look around, or give us a call so that we can answer your questions and help you get started on your new and exciting career!