Ways That Creative Images is Taking a Stand Against COVID-19.
In the course of a year, COVID-19 (Coronavirus) has become the new celebrity household name that gets talked about around the dinner table… and the office… and the classroom… and the news. It’s everywhere– and though the pandemic in itself has been a daunting feat to face, that’s what we’re doing. COVID-19 has forced us all into isolation but also into introspection. These past twelve months have taught us the importance of washing our hands, not touching our face, keeping our distance from strangers, and coughing into our elbows. We’ve learned how to be cleaner, more sanitized versions of ourselves and though the light at the end of the COVID tunnel may be getting brighter, I think that it’s important that we continue to practice the health and safety tips we’ve habitually developed. Here at Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology (CIIC), we are making sure to do just that!
At CIIC, we care about not only the safety and wellbeing of our staff and students, but also our clients! We want each person who enters our facilities to feel protected, valued, and comfortable. To prove that, here are a few different standards we have adopted since COVID got kicked off:
- We’ve reduced the number of stations in our hair and nail salons to allow our students and clients to maintain six feet of social distance as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- We’re continuing to uphold the sanitation standards required of all licensed beauty professionals in Ohio even when not in the midst of a global pandemic. These include wiping down stations, chairs, and instruments after every appointment.
- We’re checking the temperatures of our staff and students when they arrive on campus each day. While we will not be performing temperature checks on clients, we ask that you stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) or have been exposed to anyone with the virus. Symptoms commonly include fever, cough, and shortness of breath according to the CDC.
- We’re requiring staff and students to wear face masks in our salon and spa. While we do not require our clients to wear masks, we do strongly recommend them. According to the CDC, the use of cloth face coverings in public settings helps prevent asymptomatic carriers of COVID-19 from transmitting the virus to others. If you don’t have a mask, we’re happy to provide you with one for use during your service.
- Additionally, we’re increasing our regular campus disinfecting activities to include deep cleaning of floors, walls, and furnishings. We’re also changing out the filters on our HVAC systems twice a month.
- To further help promote the safety and well being of our students, staff, and clients, we have also introduced a couple of ionic dryers to each of our campuses. These air ionizers coat your hair with a cloud of negative ions which helps prevent frizziness, static electricity, flyaways, and dullness all while drying your hair quicker and promoting fuller volume. Because of the negative ions that are pumped into the air during each use, these dryers are also used to remove particles that take up our air space as small as .01 microns in size. This includes pollen, bacteria, allergens, and dust which are often the cause of breathing problems and have the potential to lower your overall health. These dryers serve a dual purpose– volumizing your hair while cleansing your air.
- We have also installed ActiClean Self Cleaning Toilets in all of our female stalls. These toilets offer a powerful release of cleaning solution that scours the full circumference of the bowl with each and every flush. This keeps any germs and bacteria from escaping the bowl and being released into the air. It is also formulated to help reduce hard water stains.
- Between each and every use, we are continually bleaching and washing any cloth materials that we or our clients come into contact with. This includes but is not limited to: drying towels, hair color towels, capes, spa beds, bleaching rags, etc.
- When a space is not being occupied, we use an ozone filtration system to recycle the air that is being breathed in.
In our industry, it’s not just about beauty and imagery– we also have to be intune with customer service which is why we are so adamant about protecting all of those who enter our buildings as best as possible. We want you to enjoy your experience with us and part of that experience is feeling comfortable and at home. That is why we do what we do and will continue to do so well past we’ve reached the end of this ongoing fight for health. We are so grateful for each and everyone of you who has stuck around and battled with us. Things are on the up and up and we can’t wait for you to see where we’re headed! Stay tuned!