Ready to Welcome You Back: Creative Images Reopening May 26th
On May 19, Governor Mike DeWine lifted the remaining provisions of Ohio’s stay-at-home order and transitioned the state to an urgent health advisory status. As a result, Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology will be reopening both of our locations to staff, students, and salon and spa clients on Tuesday, May 26.
We’ve taken advantage of the time afforded by our temporary closure to review the safety protocols we put in place prior to our nation’s shutdown and enhance them according to new federal and local recommendations. When you return to our salon and spa, we’ll be doing everything in our power to provide you with both a pleasant and safe experience.
Here’s what you can expect on your next visit:
- We’ve reduced the number of stations in our hair and nail salons to allow our students and clients to maintain six feet of social distance as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- We’re continuing to uphold the sanitation standards required of all licensed beauty professionals in Ohio even when not in the midst of a global pandemic. These include wiping down stations, chairs, and instruments after every appointment.
- We’re reserving salon appointment times on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. for clients who are at greater risk from COVID-19. If you’re over age 65, are immunocompromised, or have a chronic condition such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease, we’re happy to schedule your services accordingly.
- We’re checking the temperatures of our staff and students when they arrive on campus each day. While we will not be performing temperature checks on clients, we ask that you stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) or have been exposed to anyone with the virus. Symptoms commonly include fever, cough, and shortness of breath according to the CDC.
- We’re requiring staff and students to wear face masks in our salon and spa. While we do not require our clients to wear masks, we do strongly recommend them. According to the CDC, the use of cloth face coverings in public settings helps prevent asymptomatic carriers of COVID-19 from transmitting the virus to others. If you don’t have a mask, we’re happy to provide you with one for use during your service.
- Additionally, we’re increasing our regular campus disinfecting activities to include deep cleaning of floors, walls, and furnishings. We’re also changing out the filters on our HVAC systems twice a month.
- To further help promote the safety and well being of our students, staff, and clients, we have also introduced a couple of ionic dryers to each of our campuses. These air ionizers coat your hair with a cloud of negative ions which helps prevent frizziness, static electricity, flyaways, and dullness all while drying your hair quicker and promoting fuller volume. Because of the negative ions that are pumped into the air during each use, these dryers are also used to remove particles that take up our air space as small as .01 microns in size. This includes pollen, bacteria, allergens, and dust which are often the cause of breathing problems and have the potential to lower your overall health. These dryers serve a dual purpose– volumizing your hair while cleansing your air.
- We have also installed ActiClean Self Cleaning Toilets in all of our female stalls. These toilets offer a powerful release of cleaning solution that scours the full circumference of the bowl with each and every flush. This keeps any germs and bacteria from escaping the bowl and being released into the air. It is also formulated to help reduce hard water stains.
Your safety is important to all of us here at Creative Images. We’ve missed you during our closure and look forward to seeing you in our salon and spa soon at our reopening for some much-deserved pampering. Until then, keep washing those hands!